Gum problems are one of the very commonly observed conditions of the mouth at Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care. According to the Centers for Disease Control and safeguard, half of the adults age 30 and older go through some form of gum disease, be it bleeding gums, pyorrhea, lack of gum support.
Gingivitis/ Gum disease, an infection of the tissues that circled your teeth, is caused by plaque, the sticky ﬁlm of bacteria that is continually forming on the teeth. Plaque can be removed by regular brushing and cleaning, which if not done properly, can eventually harden into calculus.
CAUSES OF GUM DISEASES
- Plaque: Gum diseases are mostly caused by plaque—it is a sticky cluster of bacteria that form on gums and teeth. Daily brushing, ﬂossing and rinsing with a mouthwash can help remove this
At Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care, with the latest equipment, early gum problems are reversible. Dental checkups at least once every 6 months are also key.
- Smoking: Smokers have a 2.5 to 3.5 times higher risk of gum disease, which is identiﬁed by the amount of bone loss around a speciﬁc tooth due to gum Smokers also tend to lose more teeth than non-smokers.
The eﬀect of smoking on gum disease is also depending on the amount of cigarettes or cigars consumed (both quantity and duration of smoking). Smoking habits makes harder to ﬁght oﬀ a gum infection. Once you have gum disease, smoking also makes it harder for your gums to cure.
At Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care, along with helping you regain your healthy gums, we also guide you to help you quit smoking or any other form of tobacco.
- Hormonal changes: During pregnancy or on your menstrual cycle, hormones tend to rise and fall, making gums more sensitive to gum problems. Expecting a baby does not mean you undoubtedly have problems with your This time you’ll want to take extra-special care of your mouth to manage your oral health. Some of the curious things you can expect to possibly occur during your pregnancy are inﬂamed gums that are irritated, puﬀy and red, and bleed a little when you brush your teeth.
- Nutritional Deficiencies: Many times it is a very diﬃcult thing to get all vitamins, so if you’re not getting enough vitamin this could be dangerous to your Especially Vitamin- C deﬁciency can lead to gum problems.
- Family History: If in your family there has been a history of gum problems, this is something which increases your risk for developing the germ
- Red, swollen gums and other pain in your
- Bleeding while brushing, ﬂossing or eating hard
- Gums that are receding or pulling away from the teeth, causing the teeth to look longer than before
- Loose teeth
- Pus between your gums and teeth
- Sores in your mouth
- Persistent bad breath
- A change in the way your teeth ﬁt together when you bite
Treatment: The best way to treat gum disease is to practice good oral hygiene. Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care has the best dentists in Ranchi, who specializes in providing complete gum care.
- Brushing your teeth for about 2-3 minutes everyday, especially at night before you go to
- Using the correct ﬂuoridated toothpaste, which is a natural mineral that helps protect
- Flossing your teeth – preferably daily, especially if u have irregular
- Dental checkups at least once every 6
Scaling and Polishing: Periodic scaling and polishing can be done by your dentist or hygienist.
Dentists at Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care, use the latest, ultrasonic scalers to get rid of the bulk of the tartar, followed by particular handheld instruments to provide deep cleaning
The next step is to ‘polish’ the teeth to make it really smooth. While polishing, cleansing stains leaving teeth bright and shiny, it is not just a cosmetic procedure. It also smoothes away minor imperfections and patches of rough texture on the teeth to protect against further plaque growth.
Dental specialists of Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care will advise you on how oGen one should get scaling and polishing done.
Root Planing: In some cases of gum disease, root planning may be required. This is a deep cleaning procedure, under the gums that gets rid of bacteria from the roots of your teeth.
Narnoly’s Complete Dental Care is the only specialized Pediatric and Orthodontic Centre in Ranchi. We are providing the best dental health care services and the dental specialists of Narnoly’s Complete Dental care use most advanced equipment to give you an attractive smile.