Cavities, or tooth decay, disrupt your tooth enamel, the hard, outer layer of your teeth. It is small holes in the teeth caused by decay which can be a problem for any age, be it children, teenagers or adults. Some home remedies also can prevent this decay or stop it before it forms a cavity.
Some times you may not be aware that a cavity is forming. Because of this, it’s important to have regular dental checkups and cleanings, even when your mouth feels fine. However, if you experience a toothache or mouth pain, see our dentist at Narnoly dental clinic as soon as possible.
Cavities are more familiar among children, but not uncommon on adults Decay around the edges, of fillings is also common for older adults. Because many older adults lacked benefits of fluoride and modern protective dental care when they were growing up, they often have a number of dental fillings. Over the years, these fillings may weaken and tend to fracture and leak around the edges. Bacteria gather in these tiny crevices causing acid to build up which leads to decay.
You can help prevent cavities or tooth decay by following these tips:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride-containing toothpaste. To clean between your teeth, floss or use cleaner.
- If our dentist feels you have a high risk of developing cavities, we will recommend that you use a mouth rinse with fluoride.
- You can also opt for preventive dental care such a dental fluoride application and pit and fissure sealants.
- Get professional teeth cleanings and regular oral exams at our best dental clinic in Ranchi, which can help prevent dental problems. Our best dentist in Ranchi can recommend a schedule that’s best for you.
- Avoid snacks and junk food and also avoid foods that get stuck in grooves and pits of your teeth for long periods.
If you’re especially at risk of tooth decay — for example, because of a medical condition or radiation therapy— our orthodontist in Ranchi may recommend special antibacterial mouth rinses.